I don't know Ron, you may be right, but I think the setup you just discribed would scare the heck out of me. Guess being from the midwest, I just have seen way to many of this era Mopars with frames rusted pretty thin. Problem is they rust from the inside out, without a sonic check, don't know how you would know there wasn't a few thin spots. Bet the torque of the V10 would find them pretty quickly.

Put this into perspective. You have to modify the front suspension. You have to modify the center X member. You have to modify the rear suspension, and you want to add a couple extra crossmembers. That leaves what, the rails and the rear crossmember not modified? They are almost 70 years old and have had a lot of years to devolope problems, why take the chance to save a few bucks on a project that won't be cheap to begin with?

I am the King of Cheap. He has saved some money on the drivetrain and the body. By the time he steps up to the Mustang II suspension, whatever rear suspension he gets, and takes the time to set up both ends and modify the center how close will he be to the cost of the whole thing being new and professionally designed? I would at least get some hard numbers, then compair where his abilities to construct the thing and the money spent on a pile of parts come out. Gene