Got a few questions about these manual top hold down brackets. Does anyone have any info about, (or photos showing) where exactly the brackets mount inside the car? I'm pretty darn certain the previous owner did not mount them in the correct location. He had them bolted to the angled ends of the cross brace, and the drilled holes definitely don't look original. Other evidence that indicates incorrect mounting were the additional "extension" pieces that he used between the bracket and the catch. They don't look original; and from other photos I've seen of complete bracket assemblies, there were no extensions. Also, where did the nylon catch make contact on the convertible top frame to hold it down when it was lowered into the well? Regarding the well liner: Were the brackets mounted with the well liner underneath them, or were there "slits" made into the well liner to allow the spring steel leg to poke through (therefore, the bracket would not be seen from inside the car, only the nylon catch)? It kinda makes sense to me that the entire bracket assembly would be visible from inside the car, hence holes would be made in the well liner for the mounting bolts. Thanks for any help.