My fender tag indicates that the car originally had a power top. During the earlier "restoration" (2003), the prior owner decided to convert to a manual drop-top (don't know why). Hence, no power top components left. The following description is from an older ebay listing:
'Hold down clamps' were installed onto ALL 1970-71 E body converts with a manual conv. top. These brackets bolt to the top inner wheel well area. All E conv's have 4 holes there. 2 on each side, power top convertible owners may have wondered what these 4 threaded holes were for upon their discovery. When your top frame is in its down position, these clamps will hold frame in place - to keep it from springing up while driving. Power top cars did not require these clamps - the hydraulic system prevents the frame from moving back up once its in its full-down position (unless a motor fails or a hydro line bursts.)"
I am considering going back to a power top, but would need ALL the components (i.e. pump, hoses, cylinders, harness/wiring/fuse, hoses, pump brackets and cylinders), and would be looking at a rough total cost of about $1K (gasp!). I have the "hold down clamps" described in the ebay listing, but the nylon 'catch' on one of them is damaged/worn. BTW - the Parts Catalog calls the part a "Catch". Any thoughts/advice on where I can get a good replacement? Obviously, each one is specific for one side. Any thoughts/advice on keeping the manual set-up over power conversion. I know each has its own pros and cons. BTW - when the listing was on ebay several years ago, the seller was asking $500 for the pair. They were both in good condition. I've attached several pictures. #1 is the ebay seller's photo. #2 and #3 are photos of my pieces (the close-up showing the damage/wear to the nylon where it catches the frame). #4 is a page from the Parts Catalog. #5 is the catch in its proper location (sorry for it being out-of-focus; it's not my photo, or my car). Thanks.