Quote:

Quote:

This thread is starting to get out of shape. OP wanted advise with porting a G3 hemi at home, on his bench, stock valves and not all the bell's and whistle's that comes with custom port's and what not's.

He also talked about a valve job and I kept in line with that. Telling him to not touch the ex. port floor isn't much advice

Pictures never hurt as you provided some too. Stock valves may or maynot have their place in his build...

Greg, basicly what you want to do by cleaning the castings up is fine, just be careful not to break into a pushrod tunnel. Reason I posted the valve job pics is because that's where alot of flow is gained, and then blending the bottom cut into the bowl.
Next big power maker is the camshaft.
Are you coming down to the shop? I have some Hemi stuff in if you want to check it out

Brian, I will try and get down there soon! Thanks Brian Jerry and Alex, the pics and other input will help someone, its all good
I know that no particular head and porting combo will be best for all apps, but from my limited knowledge, figure the small port, slightly tricked up 5.7 heads make the most sense for what I am doing. Carbed, street converter with moderate stall speed of under 3500 rpm. Now on the other hand, if I had a BIG stroker, and FI, I would think the newer heads are better based on the fact that the factory thinks so too! With out actually putting it in the original title, that is some of what I had hoped to learn more about. What works where, and how well.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky