Not to be a negative nancy, but i have a hard time with the 719 horsepower figure being " accurate" in that build. Maybe on "that" dyno, but a romp at the track would be the real test.
I had a chance to talk to 340 Rick and discuss his great running combo at the Indy Mopar race.
His combo has about a point more compression and a good bit more camshaft than this test mule motor, and his heads were fully CNC ported by Modern who does outstanding work.His motor is i believe also 426 inches.
Based on Rick's car weight, MPH, and ET, and this in pretty good air, i suspect his hemi is making an honest 640- 650ish horsepower, based on track results.
To make decidedly more power with less compression and cam doesnt seem possible to me, but that is just my opinion.
Ricks car runs outstanding, i didnt get the impression he was leaving much on the table because his combo is extremely well thought out, and runs extremely well.
I talked to shophemi a while back about what kind of power they could get out of these motors, and about 640- 650 NA seemed at that time to be the max with the limiting hyd rollers available.This was last year, maybe something has changed, but this was a 426 motor they could put together, and was similar to the motor they run in the shop new gen charger they have flogged.
Anyhow, dyno's vary, but dime to a doughnut, i bet that 719 horse motor wouldnt produce any better, if even as good of ET/mph as 340 Rick has already laid down.
And i know Rick would noway think he is making anywhere near 700 horsepower.

I have learned to take some these magazine articles with a grain of sand , especially when Indy dyno's them.

Last edited by B3422W5; 02/06/13 01:24 PM.