Yes my car has a smooth under body. The paint you see is a dark color to simulate the factory dip coating product used at the Los Angeles plant (The LA factory used a product that was dark, almost black, the other plants used a grey colored dip). This was a lower body dip coating material that all cars went through before being primed and painted.

I used an epoxy primer underneath and added the blackish paint over that. The paint has a very similar dull gloss sheen as the original product did. The combo of the two products will do a great job of keeping the metal sealed and protected against any future rust issues and is easy to wipe clean if it gets dirt or grime on it. The car is not an OE show car effort, it's just being painted and detailed to resemble what the factory did in terms of outer body paint coverage.

My car did not come with factory undercoating so just the wheel wells had it. After I install the fuel tank and fuel & brake lines I'll be adding the undercoating to the rear weel wells only and some of the surrounding areas to duplicate what the plant did. Since it's an LA car there was none in the front wells, only the rears. Other plants did all 4 wells.