Quote:

Quote:

That's why I went to him to begin with, but he totally let me down and did not stand behind his work.

Charger with the leaky rear main seal?

My biggest problem is that I cannot keep the 440 he built for me in between the frame rails. I've now broken engine and transmission mounts. I've now got locking engine mounts and am about to install two torque straps (one for the front and one for the rear).

He's currently working on a 2.5L turbo Mopar for me. I'd trust him with anything. But I can see why people wouldn't use him. He's not going to be everyone's cup of tea.

Rear main leak among other things. Oil pan leak, adjustable pushrods hitting the baffles in the valve covers. His solution was to heat the baffles and ping them in. This was after he told me to run 2 valve cover gaskets, and I said, "no". Engine was not properly balanced when torn down. He didn't use the pistons I told him to use when torn down. Cam failure issues that I suspect were due to improper break-in. Other stuff to, that's just off the top of my head. I'm extremely unhappy with him.

Also, when we dynoed it, he used a dyno that was set to measure from 3500 rpm up to 10,000. Which is not where a street 440 lives. That should have been a clue. That and the fact the 440 never broke 383hp on the dyno. I need to learn to trust my instincts more.

I hope you have better luck.

Dixie Restoration Parts
Phone -(770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-5pm EST
email: mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price.