Hey guys,I work at a smaller speed shop here in Lancaster,Ca.called R&E Racing,it opened in 1972,the last year or two has gotten tougher,between the bigger mail order houses,{Summit/Jegs} and having to charge sales tax if we sell parts to someone in California,{and they don't since they're out of state}hard to stay competitive.,our local dragstrip closing didn't help either.
We have had to trim our inventory down because if it's not selling fairly quick,can't afford to sit on dead inventory,bigger ticket stuff especially,of course we order parts in,or dropship them,{have no problem with either of course,},and me being a Mopar guy myself,I won't give you that deer in headlights look,lol.
My boss is wanting to retire,been 40 years in the business,and is looking to sell the business,,so yes,may be looking for a job like millions of others,,,may be one more speed shop closing,after California having dozens of them 10 years ago.
It does suck that they're going down,,being able to walk into one,grab carb parts,AN fittings,gaskets,cam kits,engine stuff etc,etc..a place to hang out/meet new friends/get advice etc.,,hard to do some of that over the phone...but time marches on right.

1970 'Cuda,Lime Light,499 Indy S/R's 10.70's @125,street driven ALOT!
1966 Barracuda 360,now a 5spd,Hemi Orange,Hot Rod Air,
New daily driver-2003 Ram 2500 Cummins 5.9
'69 Valiant 2-dr, sleeper!
New project---1938 Dodge truck, plan is a 360 with a A500, AC, Calvert rear susp., rack and pinion front with coils.