Quote:

I know there are some other speed-type businesses in the NoVa / DC / Maryland region, but these are the only ones I've frequented on any regular basis and can really talk about:

Big Ed's Speed Shop (Alexandria, VA) - Gone since late '70s or early '80s; was the first SERIOUS speed shop I'd ever gone too and was a big player in the area until the owner closed it down IIRC

Calhoun's Speed Shop (Alexandria, VA) - Gone for about 10 years now

High Performance Hardware (Arlington, VA) - Gone since 2008, IIRC; never impressed me as really knowing WTF they were doing so I'm not surprised they shut down

C&C Automotive (Manassas, VA) - Still around, but caters to high-end Ford Hemi stuff mostly and hasn't impressed me w/ their idea of customer service, either

Speed Unlimited (Morningside, MD) - Still around, but doesn't consider Mopar-specific stuff worth stocking and they're far enough away from me now that I only go there for something I need "now" and they have on the shelf

We used to call them "Speed Outrageous"... they would often have what I needed but at very high prices compared to the others...

What about AA/Speed in Woodbridge VA? Are the Marrow brothers still around?

Back in the 80's I spent a lot of Saturday mornings (and money) there, because their Sat. counter guy (Tom Kelleher) was a knowledgeable Mopar freak and had a garage twice the size of his house, both of which were stuffed with Mopar goodies