Quote:

How long at paint/body? Mine left in Sept... may have back end of Jan..

is that normal? I dont argue. to rush is to get a rushed job...

My 69 RR convertible has been in body and paint since March. It was about as bad as it could've been when I took it to the guys. They've done a hell of a job, and I am as happy as I could possibly be with the job they've done. They never gave me a date of return, but I expected it to take a year. I should get it back in a couple weeks fully painted. They are way ahead of schedule in my eyes. It was a full rotisserie restoration, with new EVERYTHING in terms of metal. If someone (AMD, Goodmark, US Car Tool) made it, I bought it! I say if you like the guys doing it, and they're doing a good job, let them take their time and do it right. It's probably going to take you a long time to reassemble it anyway, so what's a few extra months?

This thread hits home for me too. I should've been painting, assembling, and prepping parts for reassembly but I haven't. The truth of the matter is money has been too tight. The body and paint, along with stocking up on reassembly parts has tapped me out. I'm devoting my entire tax return to under the hood parts and completion. I too will be restoring it for the most part by myself, with a little help from family and friends. I'm doing this for the first time, so I'm sure it will take way longer than it would for someone more experienced. I'm going into this as a learning experience. I'm sure I'll hit a wall, or two (or ten), but I'll figure it out.

If I can drive it by spring 2014 I would be okay with it. After 3 years of restoration, I stopped being in a hurry a long time ago.