Mike Like I said before you are right but we got this motor from ciricle track boys!!! Who knows how they ran it or what they did to it? Before that the motor was drag raced then rebuilt then it sat around for something like 10 years. What concerns me would be did anyone ever roll the motor over in the winter by hand once a week? Or did they ever take out the bolts for the rocker assembly and let the springs relax? I know since we have had it we not once did any of that stuff but I didn't know.. I am going to try and listen to you and my one neighbor buddy and maybe the car will run in the 10's!!!! But IMO I think it would be some what of a good idea to atleast check things over see if anything could become or be an issue. The bearings could be real bad and we would never know it untill we check!!! We really need to find out what cam and lift is in the motor and see where all the geomerty is at. Also really need to pay real close attention to the valve springs because they could be in real bad shape as I stated before about letting the valve springs relax either by turning motor over once a week by hand or just by taking the bolts out.