Quote:

Rich, That's the first time i've heard anyone say anything about fluctuating oil pressure when using aluminum caps. I've installed close to a hundred sets over the years and have never had such an issue.
I always align bore the block when installing any cap conversion whether it's steel or aluminum. IMO that's the proper way to do it. some shops will bore the mains to within .001 and hone the rest, which is okay as well.
I believe the aluminum caps help dampen harmonics to some degree. In any case, I think it's been a time tested upgrade to help our stock block combo's live a bit longer when pushed beyond their normal limits.

Well, I guess because you are doing things right by setting the bearing clearances accordingly. The oil pressure change is from the extra expansion of aluminum in a hot engine. It doesn't really hurt anything because it's only noticeable at idle on a hot engine. As we all know if the pressure comes right up with RPM we're good to go. There's no question they help absorb shock as do aluminum rods.