The original post was about deals from parts sellers to engine shops
We can buy a pick your cubic inch big chevy --aftermarket block, alum heads, steel creank, H beams, solid roller--EVERYTHING but a carb and distributor--the distributor will send a sleasman to our shop with it all in a van, deliver it Free--we pick cam, rocker ratio, CI,intake, compression,valve covers, all fasteners, gaskets THE works etc all delivered for approx $8K check it out, assemble it, add shop carb and an MSD dist, put it on the dyno and Bam! 1000 Real HP first pull
Whew!!! Try that with a Mopar and you start to get the picture---a crank grinder can't tell if it is a Mopar crank or a Chevy--the steel is the same, we pay a "tax" to run what we love--and the only reason I love them is that when we were forced to run stock parts Mopar STOMPED the others with strength and quality--now that we all run everything aftermarket right down to the fenders --you have to ask yourself...
Look..I am not a Camaro guy OK , give me a sharktooth grill Duster with a 4 speed, 410 gear, wicked 340 and I am in heaven but facts is facts about the race world and Mopar vs. Chevy as far as cost.
I listened to a sage, old , very smart man say one time--The entire Hotrod parts industry was built on the Small Block Chevy and without it None of us would have anything aftermarket