I was one of the original Indy dealers ( talk about rape), have built, loved, raced Mopars for near 25 years--Never raced another brand except some Fords when I was 17 years old. I have been paying the "Mopar Tax" like the rest of you and dumping on Chevy as long as I have been alive but......
decided I wanted a front engine dragster, found a new chassis cheap--it was set up for a SBC so...
I almost have it ready, and...I have bought more high quality small block Chevy stuff that you could haul in a pick up truck for less than a set of Indy rockers.
Those who say that the good stuff is the same price has never built a SBC--I can get Jesel used for less than a Mopar oil filter if I shop with cash in my pocket. I can go to the 7-11 Store for beer and get a deal on Wiseco Chevy domes in the parking lot.
High Quality Chevy stuff is cheaper than Mopar flex plates--Period! The Cheapo SBC China junk never enters my shop--I can get the "good stuff" CHEAP.
Facts is Facts --Swapping to Chevy has made a new race car a reality and affordable even in this "world may end" economy and that...for me...has been salvation!!!!!!!
Hot rodding and racing and going fast is my passion, NOT a Name brand. I Love me a Mopar but I really Love going fast--whatever it takes it what I will do!!!!