Quote:

hmmmm, i have small tires and a blower and the same belt for 3 years and the same head gaskets and ...........

I was speaking from my 30k a year salary, Most of us don't have the cash for a 3-4k s/c head unit or 15k engine to handle it or the 4k trans or.....

Sure if I had that kind of cash I'd have a big crank driven F1X on a 540 Indy headed motor, but in reality most of us have to settle for much less. If you have a chopsaw and can weld you already have half of what you need for a turbo setup. You can start with cheap parts to get you going then upgrade to better stuff down the road, Just build your hotside with upgrades in mind. A cheapo T6 flanged turbo fits in the same spot a nice Precision 88 fits. Same for the wastegate,BOV,and intercooler. I've got $1200 total including my new fuel system in my setup. If I ever get the cash for bigger/better parts, they will bolt right on where my old stuff was. As far as lag or waiting on boost, If you do your homework when you build it you won't have that problem