Quote:

Stunning.

A lot of the comments already posted seem to cover the bases. I would also humbly suggest that perhaps the tuning was bad. The limited knowledge I have of big block blower motors is that a lean condition is death. You need lots of fuel and unrestricted exhaust. Perhaps the damage was started by overheated pistons. Can you see any burning or uniform cylinder wall scuffing? Just guesses

As far as stock mopar forged stuff, it's very good. I hope this doesn't reduce your opinion of factory parts. This is obviously extreme duty though and not a time to use stock components. You have to wonder how well it was tuned and what kind of fuel delivery it had if they put parts like that in it.

I agree with seeing the bearing copper. unlikely it got that pattern from starvation, you'd expect to see galling or tearing or even spinning on just 900 miles with a condition like that. Hard to believe they'd take a worn engine and throw a blower on it.

Someone could have even put a real low grade fuel in it and knocked it to death. The pistons could have been fitted too close. It could even have had a tapered bore job if it was machined incorrectly. There are so many places it can go wrong

I think there's an important backstory here we don't know about

Vincent "hit" home with his post, since there could have been some other factors that may have caused this end result. Ignition timing and fuel mixture/fuel grade are paramount in a "boosted" engine, but so are the factors of a EXCELLENT cooling system and a WELL THOUGHT OUT oiling system also. Horsepower makes heat and heat has to be CONTROLLED to create maximum HORSEPOWER/TORQUE. But, you must first start with a ROCK SOLID foundation to build the HORSEPOWER on!!

Last edited by HYPER8oSoNic; 11/17/12 03:07 PM.

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)