Hi you all,i am a from sweden but i read here alot and at all the other mopar sites,i have no a-body but i thought this forum can be the place to get some good answers,i have a 300 -67 and a charger -68 and both i have bought from mopar sites from the states,back to the questions.
I just bought a damaged blown 440,i dont have all the data yet but i will get them,this is what i know for now and i opened the engine today.
Bds 8-71 kit for 440
2 holley 750
440 block
stock 440 crank forged
stock 440 rods
pistons speed pro trw L2266F coated on the sides
edelbrock rpm 84cc heads
cam i dont know now but it is a blower cam
The engine is built by one serious firm that drive and build race cars,they also dynoed it and it did only hold for 900miles

The damage is that the first rod att the right side (passenger) is broked and it did hit holes about 1" at bouth sides of the block,that piston is also damaged and the piston at the other side,all the bearings looks like new and there is no major damage to the crank so that i can use again, so the only damage is
1 rod broke
2 pistons
1 intake valve bent
the block

the rods had arp bolts and it did not broke there,it broke just about 1" upp from the rod journal and as i said there is no damage to that journal and the bearings are nice.

the engine was dynoed at 6psi and it was about 580-600hp,torque i dont know yet before i get the papers and it was sitting in a -31 hot rod

So what can have caused this damage at only 6psi,dont the stock rods hold upp for more,i have been reading some about these pistons and people write that it is a old type heavy piston,true?
Can the piston weight with stock rods and the cylinder pressure caused this?
I think these pistons turns way under the deck?
Good piston for roots engine?
The head gaskets did look nice so i dont think that they failed and enabled water to get in to that cylinder and make the rod to smash of but it is hard for me to say but the gaskets looks nice to me,i dont know why they did go with ly rods and just stock bolts to the caps when they did buy the most parts real performance parts.
Pictures are coming soon.

/Petri