There is a Utube video of his pass. I think someone posted the link in one of the early post in this thread.

I have no doubt the car ran the number as it is clear in the video. I was always suspicious of the shiftpoint after watching the video. With a 904 tranny and 8K stall I'm sure the engine will jump on out there especially running Q16. I am not planning on running Q16. Just too expensive and stinks up everything. Just going to have to sacrifice that 30HP.

Watching that video and after running the engine. If I had not been told any different I would have suspected he shifted at 8,600. A lot was going on he made that first pass then came back. The engine broke a valve in the staging lanes. Later they discovered the playback only went to 6,600. Anything is possible but, my guess is for some reason either a reset or fluke the playback just did not represent that run.

I know several people who ran W8 Comp motors with this HP in heavier cars that ran 5.4-5.5's with Proflite trannies. It is possible that my converter and tranny just kills engines like this one. I never ran to full potential with my 421 W8. But, it would run 5.95 bad plugs tons of timing pulled in low gear and shifting at 8K. By it's third pass when it was new it ran a 5.69@120. So I am a little dissapointed at the moment but, this engine has not been given a real chance yet. Another test and tune session and it should come right around.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.