Don't let the picture mislead you. I was going to have to really change things around. With the engine in original location. The dry sum was going to have to be reconfigured to move the pulley back. Was going to have to redo the drive pulley setup and move the water pump. And the nice headers Bob had made were not even close to fitting.

My tranny has been in a funky position for years. With the tall rear tires the driveshaft was really uphill in the car. So I raised the tail shaft and then started shoving the engine back until I had the room up front. Had not done this before as I was using a firewall mounted master cylinder when the old engine was mocked up. I had a huge cap on the stock distributer and could not move the engine back.

All this means is I have to rework the firewall opening and make a new transmission tunnel. But, this is easier than making headers. This oil pan is a Charlies custom Bob had done for his Demon and it has a step in the first section to clear the rack and K-member. I would like to have more step in the pan but it is just gonna have to work where it is. I have enough to do as it stands.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.