Ran it today first time out.

After several days of thrashing. Had to cut pistons for some plug clearance. OOOOPPPSS
Make a transmission tunnel and new exhaust system as the old one sounded horrible.

First pass 6.73@106. Shifted at 8K. Was ready to make a phone call and give the previous owner what for.

Then poked around and found number one plug needed to be indexed cause it was gapped -.002" LOL.

Second pass 6.4@114. Still pretty weak. Car spinning through low gear with horrible 60fts. I can work on that but 114MPH is no where near the HP the dyno sheet showed.

Third pass 6.22@115 shifting 8,500. Freind watched and said car was spinning pretty hard through first gear. Still no explanation for the pitiful MPH.

Fourth pass picked the timing up 4 degrees to account for the domed pistons that were not in it when it was previously dynoed. Left off the line car picked the front up and proceeded left. Carried it through the 60ft which was still terrible but the little engine was wanting to go.

Came back to do some adjusting sense the car had broke the link to the antiroll some time ago and had been fixed without setting up again. Was crawling around on the ground to make a quick adjustment when the track called it a day.

My converter is no where near as loose as what Bob had and I am running a glide. That said still hard to beleive this engine went 5.8 shifting at 6600. This engine does not seem to pull at all until it gets to 7,800. I thought my W8 hated low RPM, wrong.

Got a few things to do. Don't want to give up the performance but the 6.17 gear is not street freindly at all. I want to street this engine. SO a gear change has gotta happen. The owner of the track asked how the track was. I said it has to be fine the car goes down it on antique tires front first. I then reminded him how I got the tires back in 2008 and raced them most of the season in 2010. So gears, tires, some adjusting, and some more tuning and this little screamer should easily run the 5.95 index in bad air. That is all I am after at this time. And of course enough streetability for dragweek in september.

I have another carb to try, some spacers, rocker arms. I am running about .065 more lift sense I have springs on the heads to handle it. The engine may run better with less lift. Time will tell.

Main thing didn't break anything. The oil and water is still were it is supposed to be. And I am dead tired as I have not had this playtoy toghether sent this time 2011.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.