Quote:

Quote:

I believe the guy that started this post ask how to convert a 73 to a 70 Challenger, He didn't ask everyone tell him he should or shouldn't change it. I recently took a army green 70 Satellite and converted it to a lime green GTX clone with a Hemi badge on the hood,(318 under the that car gets more thumbs up than any Mopar I have ever owned

That's fine, converting a 70 satellite to a 70 gtx is like taking a 70 barracuda, and making it a 70 cuda.
What he wants to do is similar to taking a 73 duster and making it a 70, or taking a 67 dart and making it a 69, or taking a 68 charger and making it a 70.
It's up to him at the end of the day. Just sounds like a lot of work when 70 models are plentiful on the market. I see basketcase 73s all the time going for maybe 2g less than a basket case 70. For that little difference, I think there is less effort in selling off the 73 for a 70..

It is weird you know... it seems that more than any other classic Mopar muscle the 70 Challenger is losing its status... or worth. I'm seeing more and more for sale for some very reasonable prices. If i was shopping for a 70/71 right now i wouldn't think ov buying a newer one, like you said, no need. But just a few years ago...

I remember asking if a 71 Duster could be changed into a Demon not too long ago. Hell, if my friend would sell me his i'd be looking for Dart parts right now.

At the end ov the day its all just hotrodding. Build what you want.

Well... unless he wants to build a 'Donk'. In that case i'll personally hand out the pitchforks and torches...