Heh... Steve, that made my day. Keep up the good writing!

Quote:

What's really funny about these challenger posts is 10 years ago unlawfls lowly 73 challenger was voted as nicest car on moparts. And that wasn't a posthumous award.
According to the masses here today, a 72-74 challenger is less attractive than a 78 magnum.

Not that its terribly important, but i dont want to be taken wrong here. I think the 72-4 Challengers are some ov the baddest looking muscle cars ever designed. In my opinion, they ONLY pale in comparison to the 70 and 71 E-bodies (both makes). I love the grilles, the taillights, even the rallye side uh... 'vent things' and strobes. The only thing that ruins the look to any degree in my opinion is the stupid 5mph bumper mandate, and the 72-up side markers always looked cheap compared to the earlier styles ones obviously.

The VERY FIRST car i truly fell in love with... on first sight... was a 73 Challenger Rallye i saw in an ad. I'd somehow gone through life without ever seeing a Challenger up to that point. I was 15 and looking for my first car. I saw that and was sold utterly. It crushed me to find out how goddamn expensive they were... even back in 1987. Damn things started at 3K here... rallye or not, so it took me years to actually own one.

Then i started buying magazines, and saw the 70. Then a 71 R/T... then a T/A... and that was that. Coincidentally, my first Mopar was a 73 Rallye Challenger. Also my first REAL car (read: car that didn't suck).

7438311-myfirstMopar.png (129 downloads)