Quote:

Quote:

Those are the stock steel forks, I would use them

Would/should you file down the gouge? Is a thinner cross section there going to create some looseness somewhere?

Quote:

I did a older 2.66 box for a customer several years back, I sent his gears to Liberty to have them replace the engagemnet teeth ring,and they converted them to Pro Shift I called them back and ask why did they do that instead of replacing the rings with stock ones, thier explanation was that stock ones aren't availble. I had told them that this box was a street box, not a race box He siad put it together and drive it and then call them back, it would work fine It DID

The clutching teeth are part of the gear, correct? So does liberty have a way of putting new teeth on it or do they modify the old teeth?

I would not touch the forks, it(the slider) will ride on the high parts Liberty cuts the ring that the small steel teeth are on off and welds a new ring on the old gear with the bigger pro shifted lugs on them I don't have any pictures of the pro shifted lugs but theyr'e no where near looking like the stock factory gears look Maybe someone else can type a link in on here showing the pro shifted lugs and the faceplated gears together

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)