When I read issues of gasketing, I take special interest because I had worked for a major gasket company and I know how gaskets are designed, as well as per applications, typical cataloging and marketing.

Head gaskets are designed, with respect of coolnat flow and control, to be restrictors and directors of the coolant flow pattern and volume. IF you choose to alter them away from your cataloged aplication, you run the risk of trouble with coolant control -- for any head gasket application of any make/manufacturer, etc.

The additional coolant holes on the 8519 BB head gskt are for spark plug area coolant purposes so to help prevent hot-spots causing detonation under such service loads of operation (truck/RV). The cooling holes match the OE-determined design which also matches those specific castings (head and block having those extra cooling passages).

If in doubt, call the MANUFACTURER'S Tech Line yourself for the best direct answer.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!