Quote:

Engine Mounts – Schumaker’s conversion mounts are the easiest way to handle this. or you could reuse the 318 mounts and use spacers on the drivers side(I think) to take up the extra space.

Oil Pan – crate version 360 magnum oil pan and one piece gasket.
not the cheapest way, any 360 la pan works, and apparently they make a 1 piece la gasket now. but not sure it is a big deal if you can't find it.

Camshaft – keeping the stock camshaft but also the mechanical fuel pump so I need the Hughes Engines adaptor, http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/produ...mp;partid=22194
to use the eccentric.

Timing Chain Cover and Accessories – I’m keeping the timing chain cover and accessories from the 318. First to use the mechanical fuel pump and the 360 I’m looking at doesn’t have any accessories.

Intake – Re-drill the magnum heads for an LA 340 intake.
unless you already own it, the crosswinds are pretty cheap for carb.

Carb – Small block early 70s Thermoquad.

Kickdown Linkage – Can use stock 4-barrel linkage with the stock intake, TQ and A904.

Exhaust Manifolds – 340 manifolds with Remflex gaskets to take care of the Magnum’s raised ports possibly causing a leak with the manifolds.
durango manifolds worked in an early b for me. should be fine in a later b, should be pretty cheap too, again unless you aready have the manifolds.

Flexplate – Get a 96-02 360 Magnum flexplate since it has the weights already. The 904 torque converter is already neutral balanced.
2 things here. I don't think you can use the stock flex plate since the screws to hold it on are spaced differently than the stock 904 torque converter. in addition, I think you have to hvae a 96 and up magnum to make that work. B&M made one for the 727 and you could slot a hole for the 904, but I never tried, so cannot say.

904 – Stock rebuild, nothing out of the ordinary.

Starter – Stock mini-starter.

Valve Covers – reuse the 318 valve covers to keep the 360 looking stock, period correct, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mike.