Quote:

i've dyno'd engines at several different facilities over the years that range from state of the art to the most basic bare bones types. i know of one shop that has a duct from their A/C going into the carb hat. they tell me horsepower sells engines. it does, but only when you can get the same power at the track.
it's one thing to calibrate the load cell, but that's only one of several things that will determine a correction factor and final numbers. i've been in facilities that don't even have a clue as to what a phsycrometer is. a dyno is only as good as the information that's fed into it. garbage in, garbage out. over the years i've seen many a member claim great dyno numbers, only to fall way short of expectaions at the track, one of those is fairly recent.
the best advice i can give is to ask the operator if the load cell is calibrated, check to make sure the baromter is accurate, take a wet bulb (phsycromter) reading, use the correct s/g reading for the ful being used, use a consistent rpm/ second while tuning, don't change in the middle of tuning. make sure the dyno repeats with no other changes being made. hopefully you'll get good, consistent numbers that the track will substantiate. i left a couple of other things out but you get the idea.

Just out of interest, what is a Phsycrometer Dan? I have never heard of it

Alan Jones