Quote:

It is a very simple process to calibrate the dyno. They all come with some sort of weight bar which is used to dead load the sensor to make sure that it is reading properly.

While this is true for checking to make sure the load cell is calibrated,there are are several other steps to checking and properly adjusting the electronics that feed and read the load cell.
I check the calibration arm weight setting every day I use mine. I check for proper voltages at the load cell and circuit board once a month. It is pretty rare for these settings to move much but with all the vibration and heat associated with testing it does happen.
I remember a post about a very popular shop being very far off on some things in another forum a couple years ago.
I check mine frequently to avoid confusion by false data since I prefer to be able to compare engines I have had on here to each other.
It also would not do much good to tell a customer he makes more power than he really does ,that would lead to issues with convertor and gear selection.

Keith