Quote:

I know this is keeping this off topic but does the SCT tune the 5.7 Hemi's as well and can you eliminate the trans shift for say you wanting to switch to a manual from an auto in the program? Or in my cause removing the trans completely from the program since I am running it in a boat? If so that opens up the doors for me to get almost any stock PCM instead of just a 93 model with the 5.9.

Thanks for the advice feel free to pm me with the details as well. including who your tuner is and where you can find the sct tuners and software.

Thanks Chris

I know with the 5.2/5.9 stuff, you can do quite a bit. you can program the auto transmission stuff out like when you do a manual trans swap on a Dakota R/T, you can also take a Federal emissions program and put that onto a cali-emissions truck if you're trying to delete the Leak Detection Pump...but because even the fed emissions package had the EVAP system, you have to use a resistor to trick the computer into seeing the solenoid when you remove that rats nest of hoses and wires next to the brake booster.

but on the 5.7 stuff, it's a totally different computer and programing--some have the MDS, there's no distributor, and it's all coil pack ignition, etc.

If you want more info on SCT, contact the guy I use, tell him that Tom Filbert sent you. I've built a pretty good relationship with the guy after building my truck and helping other guys with theirs. Sean has even gotten to the point where he'll bounce ideas off of me when one of his other customers are experiencing issues.

Sean aka "hemifever" Hemifever@aol.com and www.hemifevertuning.com

**Photobucket sucks**