Quote:

Quote:

if he's going to run NA, he can build quite a nasty little engine and use the stock EFI system.

Yes, if for (1) he wants to live at the mercy of what, the one guy who does the retunes for the SCT tuned OBD2 mopars? And for (2) if he wants to go through the work of swapping in all the OBD2 wiring, assuming he's not building a 90's truck. The SCT tuner with a custom tune for an aftermarket cam "only" costs what, 400 bucks?

I know of 3 guys writting the tunes for them if you want someone who has experience with the SCT program. Or you can buy the SCT PRP package, and write your own tunes after you learn the software.

you can get the hand held tuner and unlimited tunes where, if you make mods to the engine later, or even swap a whole new engine into the vehicle, new programs for those mods/engine are free. that costs $360.

Or, you can go without the unlimited option, and save some money.

..but the guy I bought my unlimited tunes from...has the best customer service I've ever seen. send him an email at 9 pm on a saturday night, asking to tweak something minor, say, coast down fuel shutoff, and by 5 am on Sunday morning, I have a new program in my email, waiting for me to put it on the tuner and load it into the truck.

you can knock SCT all you want, but when tuning EFI small blocks, it's rather difficult to find a cheaper, better solution.

but you're right, ASSUMING it's already an OBD-II system. If it's OBD-I it may be cheaper in the long run to go with FAST, Megasquirt, etc. instead of the cost and hassle of converting to OBD-II, and then getting SCT.

**Photobucket sucks**