Quote:

i am working on some ford d-3 heads for a drag race aplication which will have whatever lift it needs,, probably 1.000 or around there,, 2.250 valve and i need 470 or so cfm,, like what you have,, though my head has a canted intake valve so my mid numbers will be much more than yours,, my peak i hope to get what you have,, im looking to put it on a 373 inch motor that runs to 10,000 and make 1040 hp,, i need a min cross section of 3.75 to do this,, you cannot get that big due to the casting restraints you have,,

if you have airflow,, port cross section to support displacment,, and mixture motion entering the cylinder that all works,, it WILL make power between 2.2-2.4 hp per cfm,, so if you put your motor together and its serious, id expect 1040-1100 hp,, if not,, the head isnt what its supposed to be,, its that easy

that being said,, my 373 inch motor in a 2825lb car,, should go 7.70's with a liberty 5 spd,, making 1040hp at 9600-9800rpm

W9's were what the NHRA ProStock trucks used to run 7.50's with 358cui in truck that weighed the same IIRC. So they should be just as capable.

For all the nay-sayers has anyone gotten a hold of or talked to anyone that had first hand knowledge of the ones used in ProStock Trucks??