I have been playing with heads on my own for 25 years give or take....I have read, watched, listened to everything I could get my hands...I always took all I could from all this but never held anything for gospel....if we all only did what we know was pro en in the past then that would be where we stayed....I always questioned everything and wanted to find out for myself if it worked or not....then wanted to know why. I was never afraid to trash a perfectly food and expensive head just to.play around.....when the CV-SP heads first came out I bought a set of 330's just to trash....when I first started doing dirt track heads as a kid I did things everyone else considered taboo and said wouldn't work. They were 9:1 358's with 1" in from seat porting allowed....650 carb on methanol.....when I started they were making on average about 435 HP.....heads....at that time I used a 110.....were flowing around 125....I did a few sets and shortly they were going near 165 and the best engine we did made around 575hp at right near 7200....just were the pinch 'said' they would and made just under 500 ft/lbs.....all from what most people said wouldnt work.....that was about 1989.....these engines would walk the rest of the field and in no time have almost a lap on everyone else....and again....that was what EVERYONE ELSE said wouldn't work and very limited porting...my point is why did they all say it wouldn't work....because that is what they were told...I wasn't afraid to see for myself....and it worked....I don't think I am anything special....I just am not afraid to try what sometimes to me even doesn't seem like it should work.....even bad results teach us something....either it works or not...if we can get past this then all we can do is learn....the port is DEFINITELY different...but so far it has proven to work....although finished is a long way off....