Any lock collar that you can find to keep the gear from climbing up the cam. The collar goes on the distributor. I have a kit from hughes, and they come with detailed instructions. I reused the bronze gear out of my 360 build, It had barely 1000 miles on it by the time my 408 was done. It looked new.

But it wasnt a solid roller it was a hydro roller. Now I have a solid roller with typical solid roller spring pressure on it. I did everything I could to keep the shaft alive. New bushing, collar on the distributor, and used a LOT of molley on the gear prior to fireing it up.

I also used glyptal inside the engine to allow better oil drain back back by the distributor gear. I have seen crud, and chunks of crap back there causing oil not to get into the bushing, so I basically built up the step where the bushing goes into the block with some engine epoxy so the draining back oil can get in to the bushing and not get channeled around it.

Over kill, maybee, but I am not out anything.

If I knew of the milling idea and torrington bearing I would have done that too.

I highly recomend the collar deal your Timing will be ROCK steady. Also a very good timing set helps too.