Quote:

was just at another site where someone was having problems with new performance wheels fitting their stock rotors. someone suggested that an aftermarket brake assembly may solve the problem.

well i'm unfortunately able to say this is not necessarily the answer.

last week i was happy when my new Strange pro brake kit and weld prostar wheels showed up.

then the usual "aftermarket part syndrome" rears it's constant ugly head. the freakin hubs won't fit into the wheel. now i understand many performance parts are expected to have final clearancing done but for crying out loud hubs and wheels? this stuff makes me sick, i'm fortunate that i have the ability to machine either the hubs or the wheels but having to carve up $1100 worth of new parts makes me want to

i guess strange never figured anyone would put weld prostars on their brakes and weld figured no one would ever do something so odd as to try to mount their wheels on a strange brake assembly.

sometimes i hate this stuff beyond words

This is what makes me think about quitting, when every part you buy , expensive or not, needs some work before it even fits