I had a problem with my knee last week that put me off work (I am a heavy duty diesel truck mechanic). I got the results from the MRI today, torn miniscus in my left knee, surgry the only option. Work will not let me return to work until I have been released by the doctor to 100% status, no "light duty". (I am on short term disability). The earliest that I can get scheduled for surgry is 2 weeks. I can now walk with out my crutches for a short while. I haven't taken ANY pain meds since sunday night and will not if I race.
I ask the Dr. about drag racing, and after quizing me about it, said that he didn't have a problem with it, the damage had already been done, and as long as I could stand the discomfort, and not jepordise my fellow competitors, he didn't see an issue.
I will have help in the pits and with the loading and unloading and a golf cart to ride where I need to go.
So, to other racers, what would you do? Race or not? And would you welcome me as a competitor, or be on edge about me being beside you?

Thanks in advance,