Quote:

Quote:

And after you get the jack from Harbor freight you can get one of their $9.99 furniture dollies, add a a 2 x 4 and a 4 x 4 and use it to install the k-frame, engine and trans from the bottom. I have done my challenger and my brother's 67 dart this way and it worked really slick...

The way the factory intended.

I have thought about doing it this way, what is your process? You have most of the suspension removed? I thought I would have issues getting the body back down at the correct height to get the K frame bolts started.

What did you use as a lift point on the body?

Last few times I was lucky enough to have a lift. But in the past, I have done it many times with an engine crane and chain to the 2 center bumper bolts!

Check the video - no scratches, no cursing, no hassles. Pie! (2 long studs, ground to a bull nose, in 2 diag.-opp K-member bolt holes in rails).

Body Drop

Steering, headers, tranny, engine harness, etc. all preassembled. I'll never drop an engine in from the top again. Never. Later projects, I had all the suspension on, too - UCA's dangling, as at the ass'y plant.

Rick