Quote:

as a person that has spent days on end without any sleep in 06 and 08 drag week, this is a poor excuse for not making it.

there are guys on this site that spent 16 straight hours trying to help Eddie get his car ready the day before drag week 09

twice I worked on Eddies car for 15 straight hours after a 10 hour ride to his place and leave at the last second to drive 22 hours to get to Drag Week just in time

this is 3 years of you making claims that you are going to bring a bad ass mopar and have failed to do it. and this excuse is just the worst.

In the past three weeks, I have completely torn apart my engine, sweating my a$$ off, don't have 2 pennies to rub together, yet still dumped $1200 in my slow junk just to make the show

all hype. the car made magazines for doing nothing like most do.

Right this minute I'm waiting for my good friend and his girl and kids to show up and stay the weekend at my house and spend some time at the beach. I met this good friend at Drag Week 06 and spent many sleepless nights helping him on the side of the road.

did you read what kind of effort Leon and Billy's family put in to making the show?

DJ, I am sorry, but I just don't think you have it in you

Mr. P, this in no way is directed at your situation. I know your on a fixed income. IMO, If you want to play with the big boys, less talk more action

Quote:

Quote:

Well folks,

Luck is not on my side. After putting the bull horns on we put it on the chassis dyno to get a good tune. First pull popping and farting like it did in the beginning. I was like damn, this problem won't go away no matter how much electronics I change out. But during the run noticed my horn were shooting out water. Dammit, pulled a plug and turn the car over and there goes the water. Did a leak down test and all my cylinders are good to go. Yanked the head in hopes of this only being a head gasket problem. Well, wrong again. Everyone of my intake runners are cracked to the water jacket. I find this less than a week of being there and heading to Drag Week. So obviously, I have to bow out again... Getting with the company that did the port work in hope they will make this right or help me out. It is clear that there was too much material taken out and made this area weak. So to all the Drag Week'ers, I'll see you next year. If I can't make Monster Mopar, I'll be at Mopar @ the Park for sure...

DJ

DJ, I'm sorry to hear about the cracks, but to a certain extent, I have to agree with some of Ray's comments. If you had discovered the cracks while at Drag Week, you'd either A:) throw a can of Barr's Stop Leak in there, and keep going until the finish, or when the replacement heads came in, or B:) throw your hands up and quit. I know which answer Mr. Miller would have chosen. If you're going to wait until every square inch of your car is 1,000% perfect, then you may never go to DW. Mr. Miller was running on like 5 cylinders toward the end of DW. I think Ray's point was, you've got to have no quit in you in order to persevere in DW, and work through whatever is thrown your way.

It is all good people,

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Yep, I put it out there that I wanted to compete in Drag Week. Yep, I have missed it for the last three years. Hey my stuff is breaking and I live in Germany. I have been back 5 times this year trying to get licensed and fix the car at the same time you do the math. But in those three years I didn't show for drag week I have expanded my family, both summer time babies, with two beautiful boys and are happier than ever to even have a somewhat functioning/completed Mopar following in my dad's foot steps. Every thing you guys are recommending is great and I hope it all works out for you but some of those fixes just won't work when you're making 2500+ hp. If I was home this would be done and fixed, but working in support for our troop maintaining critical network is what pays the bills and that is why I'm stationed abroad. Sorry I Could not fulfill your expectation in what you think a Drag Week'er is or should be, but I have met mine own expectations and one day will have a problem free Mopar. Till then, I'll keep keeping on.

Last edited by DusterDj; 08/30/13 11:44 PM.

https://www.facebook.com/dusterdj572 Check out my race page and like please.