Quote:

Great just the moparts member I was looking for since ive read so many of your posts.

I think im off to a good start then, Ive always said I could take my street strip car and in a couple day swap springs and such and do somthing I really like to do, road courses and autocross.

Since im building a purpose track car (drag) I can go a lil different way with the R/T.

Here is where im at so far...

3200 pound f-body
RMS Alterk 450 spring, I think it does better with the 550, what is too much?
17x8s bfg on all corners
QA1 Double adjust on each corner
MP F body zero arch road race leaf springs
4 wheel disc, WW up front, Dr Diff ford rear disc

This is a very nice track, Ive went with friends and watched my buddy on his 1000cc bike and drove a friends bonemaro and for the mods wasnt impressed.

http://www.highplainsraceway.com/track.html

What about rear gearing?? Good rpm range???? I can step down my cam or ive a 358 circle track x block motor 12.8:1 I need to breakin.

Im wondering if I should goto a manual rack as ive a power rack currently????

Power rack.

You need to see what cars like yours are running for top speed for gearing. Since the car is all together now, just go out for a track rental day the way it is now. Work from there. As your experiance level gets higher you probably will want a step less gear (you'll be going faster). But just go with what you have now. No reason to guess now.

Run the 550 lb springs if you have them. If you don't, might want to run what you have now. You might end up wanting more than 550's. I have 350 lb/in effective rate at the lower ball joint. Calc or ask Bill Reilly the conversion for an AlterKion setup.

Make sure you MP (circle track) springs have the same part number on both side so as to have the same rate and characteristics on booth sides.

IIRC, there is a guy with a black 70 Challenger Drew Crane? that is in CO that runs sometimes at one of the road race tracks there. Don't know which one.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 01/01/12 05:39 PM.