Mine's not really a smogger but it was a Gunboat Propeller. Came out of a 68 New Yorker 4 door. Got a stock freshen up for Dad's Challenger in 1991. Went through numerous changes of bolt-ons from about 2001 - 2006. At that time Dad did something to Smack some valves and put some nasty dents in the pistons and killed some valves on his Eddy heads.His 496 was now complete so a swap was underway anyhow.
Then we had some fun!! . One of the pistons was Gaulling (spelling?) to the wrist pin,worst dented piston of the batch, so we decided to Put some new rings in the motor with a light hone and a new ( Ha ha!!! under bench spider home kind of new) piston and rod assembly from who knows what. Measured out within specs so should be fine.
Now it was time to pull the mid 13 second 383 out of my car and borrow a 440 (THANKS DAD!! )
I have a 3/8 and -8 fuel system, 1-3/4 NO NAME headers, TM-7 intake , 800 DP , all Chrysler elec ignition but leaking Blaster 2 coil,MP 509 cam, home ported 452 heads,3000 stall, 3.91's and 26x10.5 ET STREETS, and I run through 2-1/4 exhaust all the way back.
Times are in sig.......

Don.

Last edited by MoparDonny; 09/03/08 01:41 AM.