Quote:

Hey Tony, how are you and your son doing? I grew up in a body shop, my dad is a bodyman and is still going at 66 years old. We thought long and hard about what direction to go with this car. I am definitely NOT a purist but I also know how hard it is to find an original paint car that has 100% untouched paint, I looked for almost two years. Most of them have been touched up here or there. I am a fabricator for a living so the mini tub route is not a problem for me if I decided to go that way. I am not very proud of the way this car looks in the trunk, sealer wise. But I'm very proud of the fact that it is untouched. I also know there could be ALOT of weight saved on the car and I don't want to sacrifice the integrity of the car. Had I found a little rougher car to start with, it would be lighter and gutted and minitubbed, and faster in the end. But it is what it is. Now go ahead and call me a hypocrite for trying to save my original paint car buy putting a cage in it, you won't be the first. I know that I won't be competitive in the Josh's events with this car, I just want to get it into the eights and I would be happy.

Here, here! I'm gonna run a 315 tire on my bee but otherwise I'm going the same route. Awesome job!

1970 FM3 Coronet 440, 1971 FJ6 Dude D100