Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I've got a $400 Shoei hanging out in the garage that is 10 years old. It's never been impacted, but I don't wear it anymore because it's 10 years old.

My new Icon listed for $160, and the only thing that's bigger is the box it came in.

You guys do realize that one of the main reasons for recert is so the manufacturer can check to see if the product has been modified, don't you? Does the name Dale Earnhart ring any bells?

Does the IHRA have the same belt and helmet rules? They usually follow most everything the NHRA does anyway.

The belt rule came after Lee Shepards accident. [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] all you want, I'm not complaining.

And we were using 2 inch belts in our cars back then.

The recert date had nothing to do with it. That was a way for the foundation put together by SEMI to fund inself. SEMI spun SFI out on it's own so it woundn't end up in court getting sued. It is nothing but a racing tax.

Oh I know that the date thing had nothing to do with it, it just came about after that incedent. Tragic as it was, there is always going to be an update after a tragic incedent. Scott Kallita's death started the 1000 foot race. It's just the way it is...

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.