I have not checked the rules lately but may need to. So far mine per NHRA rules have only been good for 2 years at a time,2+2=4 years for mine so far. My race-car sits in the shop and is hauled in a enclosed trailer,the only time it is out in the weather is at the track. Mine will have to be replaced for the 2012 season,and in a dragster those latch lock belts just don't work for me so it's going to cost me $149-$169 for new belts. Thank You NHRA I'm sure that will cause me to be unable to make a race or two.
How many of you have Muscle-Cars from the 60's and I know they are FAST that have no roll cages not even a 6 point cage and have replaced everything but the seat belts. I know you will be the 1st to tell us a couple of hundred $$$$ every 2 years is not much to spend. How would you like to have to replace your belts every 2 years. Not bashing anyone just trying to get the point across on what its like to have to replace items on you car before they are needed. We also have to replace good helmets and have our cars recertified,diapers for our cars.

But I'm hooked if that's what it takes to keep Racing then I will do it. I'm just a wanna be Bracket Racer,but I bet all of you knew that from all my about having to spend a few $$$$ on belts.

Last edited by MRMOPAR570; 11/10/11 01:08 PM.

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"