Quote:

If you can't use w2 heads run a set of RHS LA style heads. I would not start asking around, I would look in the rule book and if there is no mention of stock style or offset rockers or stock head castings I would just use the W2, if you start asking there may be a rule that magically apears and outlaws a w2. Same goes with the RHS but it does not use offset rockers. Un touched RHS heasd you can easily make 450 hp and full ported could get close to 600.

If you can't run an aftermarket block find an early 318 block from around 68-71 get it sonic checked and use it, lots of them can easily handle .090+ over bores, just pick the bore that gets you closest to your CUI limit, .090 over = 333 CUI. If you offset grind the crank .020 you will be at 334.75 cubic inch. With the big grooves on the side of the journal on a stock forged crank that will still be the weak point and the .020 grind will not hurt the integrity of the crank at all. Run the lightest pistons you can find that can handle a little N20 because it is gonna want to rev real high, depending on witch heads you end up with RHS or un-ported W2 I would run a SCAT I beam if you can port them it means more RPM and you should step up to a better rod. I would also run a behive spring and 8mm valve stems to keep everything light for the high RPM ride. If I was closer I would give you a hand building it.

The 904 with standard gear sets will work good with this motor because it will be tq limited and function best in a narrow RPM range, however in just 1/8th mile racing it may not make a big differance VS a glide, in 1/4 mile it would be a big differance. No reason a 904 can't handle that power for quite a while if built right, I would find a new trans builder if I was you, again too bad I don't live closer

A Poly block also will easily take a .100" overbore for 334 cubes with stock stroke. I think the W2's will breath more with a larger bore. There might be a weight penalty over the LA block tho.

Kevin