I was thinking about commenting on the p/g trans also. but didnt know enough about how they do on smallblocks low torque.. to form an opinion.

I would say youll need the 1st gear.It would be a benifit. it will recover better..

I ran cheapstreet class in 03-04 alot of the chevies ran P/Glides..My car would hammer them out of the gate..Then when ever the Drivers would get together after hours in the pits to explain set ups..
fwiw
they always seem to hold back or be ambiguous on the nitrous tune ups. I always asked lots of questions..but guys thought I was sand bagging in qualifying cause it would fender them..then they would go buy me on the big end.
they thought i had more than i actually had?
And were reluctant to really give me specific info.
It was hard to figure out the smaller shot of no2 back then. These guys where getting it done..For the most part guys would help each other out..
I never seem'd to get the answer i was looking for? I had to do it the hard way.
Ill give you what i can remember..
first off get the most effecient pluming done on the lines and fittings..
I sent my stuff to Monte..he has some fittings that dont restrict the I.D. of the lines.
also dont change the spray bar plate that comes with the kit..unless you get a plate built.
We tried a 64hole? (more holes than the kit)plate from the beginning and it didnt work properly...I didnt find this out until i put the smaller 32hole? plate on..and it picked up.
Alot of tune up issue went away after doing this.
distribution is key.
IMHO send your intake and plate set up to Monte Smith , he will drill the holes in the bars and aim them at the intake runners for your intake.
and he will give you a jet map..He puts it all on paper..your tune will be exactly where you need it, from the get go..takes the guess work out of it...Best advice i could give on that...(it took me a yr to figure this out..he got me an 8th place points finish for that year.)
And run the bigger bottle it is more consistant as you go rounds.
We found those 10" tires only like around 30 or so passes..then the 60ft started to fall off.
New slicks was always good for afew tenths..
Camshaft..I found running a cam that is designed to give you the most power with out no2..Is the way to go..then spray it.
we started adding duration..later and picked up some..but the best cams were the ones that make the best power n/a...
a trans brake picked up my 60fts by alot..
a high gear ignition retard also picked up the mph.
If your building from a clean slate..go after the most cubes you can for your class..to start with.
chepast

365" Iron J heads,,3480lbs best 1.39 60ft on SS springs.10.54,124 mph ...6.67 1/8th et.average 60fts 1.46 w/ small cam &.063 no2 pill tagged & insured
[image][/image]