I work on the 1405 all the time. It sounds like you need a new acc pump seal.

I drove mine for 20 years without the choke hooked up and just kept pumping the gas when it was cold.
This past fall I stuck a cable under my dash and hooked it up after 20 years. Now my car will idle right away when cold. I do have to play with it if I drive it right away. It'll go fine cold with the chock off, if I leave it on it when driving it restricts it enough to notice it. I pull the chock out at intersections when IU have to stop cold and open it when I get going.
Now I change the jets and needles all the time. Earlier this past summer we went to Pikes Peak and then Las Vegas in 110 degrees temp. Drove my 340 to 14100 feet, that carb better be lean to make it all the way to the top! So I went real lean before I left Cincinnati, 4 steps I think and gave it more timing. Then When I came home I switched back to 1 step lean where I usually have it. Then about a month ago when the air got cool I change needles to 1 step rich which my motor wanted and it runs real good in this cool air.

Some of those seals/cup for the acc pump do not work, you should change yours first and see if it get's rid of your bog. Being on a 440 yours seems like it may be lean, mine is on a 340.

Yup that's dirt, I cleaned it out with a paper towel.Then replaced my rubber hoses is what I think it was. Hose was 10+ years old.