So I'm finally trying to commit to one way or another of fuel delivery. I was leaning heavily toward a TQ for mileage (daily driver 440) but I'm torn between that an the venerable Edelbrock 1405 that is on there now.

I've got a wideband O2 sensor in my passenger side exhaust so I can sort of get a sense as to what's going on.

Truck does not seem to like idling cold. Once it's warmed up and idling in park at around 750rpm (16" vacuum), I'm reading right around 13.5 on the O2 gauge. Fiddling with the IMSs do nothing for that number.

In gear, idle drops down to ~675 rpm and the O2 gauge has a slight increase to around 13.8-14

Stabbing it from a dead stop results in a heavy bog, missing, and the gauge spikes to around 17-18.

If I ease into heavy throttle, the gauge will drop down into the 12s.

Cruising, the gauge is around 12.8-13.

I imagine it's not a very straight forward answer but are these numbers the result of an improper configuration of jets/rods?

I understand what the edelbrock manual is talking about with the calibration reference chart. I'm just having a hard time understanding which way I should go- leaner or richer?

Any help would would be greatly appreciated. If it comes down to me having to purchase the calibration kit, I'll grab one from summit.