I have two updates for you all.

On my Dart, I just came back from a 25+ mile cruse and there was no oil on the crank at all. I had some engine oil on the trans but it was all residual oil left over from the past leaks. So far she is looking good.

On the Charger that I put a rope seal in yesterday....she too is looking good. We started it up this morning and let her run for 25 minutes and she is looking good as well. One thing that I forgot to mention yesterday about the Charger. That crank in that engine is a Callies crank with NO knurling at all....she is polished smooth.

Ones again, I'm not trying to tell you all that rubber lip seals don't work. I have installed many of them with very few problems. What I am saying is if you have a problem with a rear main leak and you know you installed it correctly don't rule out the old fashion rope seal. However me on the other hand will never install a rubber seal again!!

....there is nothing like driving my 1968 Hemi Dart around town and having people looking at you like you're nuts!!