Quote:

I am always amazed at what happens in these forums. So many of you form opinions with only half the info. Why throw Rob under the bus when you probably don't even know him. I looked at these pics and can tell you that the angles they were taken at create an illusion of what really is. You want to compare levers take them off and set them side by side. The throw out bearing is supposed to ride on the hump not on the end of the lever. Obviously Steve used the wrong throw out bearing something any stick guy would check. One lever in the pics looks damaged probably when the retainer broke. If the travel of the throw out bearing and clutch linkage is not set up correctly and you use too small of a bearing it could be possible to over angle the levers and force the bearing off the hump and over the end of the fingers.

For your info I have not thrown rob under the bus, I have given him every chance to be understanding and fare with me, and who are you to say anything about what is the real story. I have sent Rob many more pics from all different angles. I will be posting the levers side by side to show the real difference.
This picture is taken in the press with .080" disc clearance as it would be in the car clutch disengaged, as you see the longer lever is fine. Rob him self said he has not had trouble with this clutch and that bearing before since it is the only 23 spline bearing there is, so no dude this is not the wrong bearing and would have worked just fine if the dam lever was the write one. I am as said already going to a bigger bearing that will work even better.

6849999-DSCN4434.JPG (32 downloads)

Homepage Pic's http://www.bluemelon.com/dodgeman/ Steve. New best 1.40 60' 9.99 Et 132.8 mph