I would say this happened to me around 1992. I had a very stock looking 79 Camaro with a strong 427 in it. (I was running consistant 12.10's at the track and 11.00's with 125hp nos jets) I was cruising in a nearby town when suddenly I found myself being stalked by a 79 Pontiac Grand Am or something(Pontiac's version of the Chevy Malibu). It had a nice sounding small block, slicks and had a tow vehicle following it around. We were playing around a bit and he asked it I had NOS and I said Yes but it was off. He wanted to race so I had him follow me out into the country where it was safe to race. First pass and I had him by about 4 cars. He then asked if I wanted to race again and I said why since I beat him so bad. He was persistant so I finally said ok and we ran again. This time he actually beat me by a car length. After the race he popped his hood and basically showed off the NOS plumbing that had beat me. Then all his friends plus him were basically claiming that I was running NOS the whole time and wouldn't believe that I wasn't. So I had them all come over to my car and I popped my trunk. Then I told the guy that raced me to turn on my bottle. It was very quiet when that guy turned the knob and everbody heard the Nos line fill up. Then I said, now do you want to race me. They really didn't have much to say after that and that was the last I saw of them.

Last edited by rapom; 05/08/04 05:46 PM.