Every Wednseday night there is a cruise at the local Kmart. In the swing of summer, they usually get 100+ cars. Anyway, after cutting the grass (3 hours), I earned the cold beer and needed a little time to myself so off I went.

Ive only been to this cruise maybe 3 times with my car in the new paint, so most dont know my car and have no clue what it runs.

About an hour into the deal, I'm talking with a guy that owns a 70 when a group of guys walk up and check my car out. One guy is older, maybe 60, the others are about my age (mid 30's). One of the guys is a big dude that thinks he's a hard arse. Heavy set, goatee, dark shades, smoking a cig and wearing a Dupont Jeff Gordon hat. I know of this guy because he owns a blue 69 Chevelle with a nitroused 468 with Dart Heads. When he pulls in, he's always bouncing the car and trying to get as much attention as possible. He runs on the street with slicks and the smell of Torco fills the air when he goes by. The car has 2 seats, no dash and a ton of guages with an 8 point roll bar. Ive seen it go 10 teens on the gas.

Anyway, I'm talking to the guy with the Roadrunner near the back of my car and a conversation ensues at the front of my car between these guys. The older guy leads the way with a statement, "yeah these Mopars used to run, but theyre cheap and tinny". Then, Mr. Chevelle says words to the effect of, "its pretty but its probably a pooch". I remember the word "pooch". At this point I'm already walking up to the front of my car and one of his buddys is telling him that he's seen my car at Lapeer Dragway but I interrupt. Excuse me? I said to Mr. Chevelle. "Nuthin' dude, were just checking out your ride". Oh, you mean checking out my "pooch"?? "Dude, you said it not me" he replys. And his buddys chuckle, but theyre looking down because they know I heard him say it..

So at this point I call him out. I open up my wallet and fortunately its a rarity that I have a decent amount of cash on me. Tell ya what I say as I show him a $50 bill. You let me turn that bottle of yours off and we go right now. His buddy that was mentioning my car at Lapeer starts to walk past him and says something into his ear as he walks away, stops and comes back. His response was "Dude, I have nitrous so I use it, take it or leave it". My response was "So you need a power adder against my car? What were you saying about 'Pooch' "??

At this point the guy tells me to F-off and the group starts to walk away. I'm laughing at this point and say "Come on back anytime"...