The seats are done!

The new seats have been in the Imperial for a few weeks. I simply haven't had time to post anything about it.

I really like the front seats. The edge of the driver's seat bottom looks a little funky but it doesn't bother me. Those head rests are molded plastic/rubber and are a bit shinier than the seat fabric. I asked the upholsterer to eliminate the stitching between the buttons. I didn't care for that and this is NOT a 100 point restoration.

The rear seats turned out well but look a bit deflated. I'm thinking about having her redo them. She told me the rear seat was built differently than the front. It only looked like a floating cushion due to the stitching. Even the buttons were different.
I really wish they had not dug out the nasty seat belts. I'll have to do something about those things. They're crusty and the metal bits are rusty.

I must say that they're incredibly nice when you're driving. I put just under 100 miles on the car in an afternoon and it really is like taking the recliner out for a spin.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon